Continuing its unwavering efforts to eradicate the menace of Drugs, District Police Kulgam has adopted more aggressive approach to book all those criminals who are either involved in Peddling or consumption of Drugs.
A specific Naka was established at Nippora crossing by Police party led by I/C Mirbazar SI Imtiyaz Ahmad under the supervision of SHO Qazigund Insp.
Irshad Reshi and SDPO Qazigund Shri. Mohd Shafiq-JKPS and a vehicle bearing registration Number. JK01-8909 (Chevrolet Aveo LS Car) was intercepted in which two persons namely:-
● Aarif Ahmad Ganie S/O Mohd Yousuf Ganie &
● Muzaffar Ahmad Ganie S/O Mohd Shaban Ganie, both the residents of Hassanpora Bagh Bijebhara were on board. After going through checking 550 grams of Charas like substance was recovered.
Both the persons were arrested and vehicle used in commission of crime was seized. Case FIR No. 32/2021 U/S 8/20 NDPS Act stands registered at P/S Qazigund and investigation initiated.
Another three Drug Peddlers were arrested at Nandimarag Crossing while patrolling and Charas like substance weighing 90 grams was recovered by the Police party led by SHO DH Pora Insp. Tanveer Ahmad under the supervision of SDPO DH Pora Shri. Aashiq Hussain-JKPS. The identity of the Drug peddlers has been ascertained as:-
● Abdul Majeed Malik S/O Abdul Aziz Malik R/O Nagam DH Pora.
● Zeeshan Ahmad Malik S/O Ghulam Mohd Malik R/O khull.
● Tawseef Ahmad Naik S/O Abdul Rehman Naik R/O Chimmer.
Case FIR No. 16/2021 U/S 8/20 NDPS Act stands registered at Police Station DH Pora and further investigation is in progress.
Public is requested to come forward with any information regarding anti-social activity in their vicinity.